Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How to get 4 times more page views

So, when I started blogging for dollars in March, I had a couple blogs and would get 300-500 page views a month.  Underwhelming.  But, not hopeless.  At least SOME people were reading some of what I wrote, right?

But, I wasn't making much money.  I hadn't fully committed to monetizing. 

And then, I did.  I started this blog to log my experiences.  I focused on using social media to get my content out.  I visited other blogs to see what was working -- and also, to make comments which helped me get more readers.  Twitter is a big help - -but you can't just tweet the content, you have to engage people. 

Soon, I was up to 1000 page views a month.  And, I was making a small amount of money.  Not much at all, really.  But some money every month. 

Now, I make some money every day.  Nope, not a lot yet.  But some.  And, in the last two months, I'm up to 2000 page views a month.  That's 4 times what I had in March.  I get regular views and regular clicks.  I have sites with followers. 

In just 5 months, I've made a big leap.  If I can keep it up, I could be at 10,000 page views a month by the Holidays.  Even then, I won't be making "big money." But, if the trends hold, I'll be making money blogging and it will be a nice supplement. 

I'm going to keep it up.  Keep blogging.  Because the way to get more page views is to generate good, solid content.  And to do it often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment