Monday, November 5, 2012

How to increase your online productivity

Yes, the internet is an amazing and endless place where you can find fun, money, and DISTRACTION. 

If you are making money in the online world (or trying to) you HAVE to be engaged almost constantly with Twitter, Facebook, your blog, etc. 

But, distraction disrupts productivity.  And if you're not productive, you are NOT making money. 

Here are some tips for being more productive in your blog life. 

I'm especially bad about checking Twitter.  I keep the Twitter tab at the bottom of my screen.  When I see 1 or 2 new tweets, I'm terrible about clicking over and seeing what it is.  I could do the same thing at say 10 or 20... and not miss ANYTHING.  But, I'm obsessive.

So, YES, set limits.  Or, stack your tabs so you can't see every single new email or tweet that pops up.  Maybe check your Twitter feed once an hour.  Same with your email.  If someone really, really wants a response they will call or text you.  Otherwise, it can wait.

Be more productive ... make more money.  It IS that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment