Thursday, May 3, 2012

Should you blog every day?

Yes!

That's it.  I really don't need to post anymore. 

If you are trying to make an income from blogging, you need to blog every day.

Period.

Sure, every post is not going to be some amazing revelation that brings you tons of traffic.

But, if you are going to make a living by writing, you have to write. 

Yes, blogging means you are making a living as a writer. 

And if you write every day, you'll get better at it.  And from time to time, you'll hit gold mines.  Mostly, you'll just write good, solid stuff.  And that's absolutely fine.

But don't expect to write one magic post every week.  Write every day.

Every single day.

In my own case, it is sometimes a struggle.  But, I maintain blogs on topics about which I'm interested.  So, there's always 500+ words somewhere in my head waiting to get out. 

I need to get them out.  Sometimes, I start with a sentence.  Or two words.  And then, an entire post comes forth.  That's what I mean.  Write every day.

Fresh content yields traffic.  Fresh content keeps readers coming back.  Fresh content makes you relevant.

Since I've committed to writing every day, I'm getting tons more hits/page views than before.  Which means more revenue.  Which means I will soon be making a living as a writer.  Which means it will be even MORE important that I write every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment