Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Why you should set blogging goals

Because if you do, you'll meet them.  Or exceed them.

That's what I've done so far. 

Of course, it's only day 2 of May. 

But my goal for this month is 75 page views a day across my platforms.

I hit 115 yesterday. 

How'd I do it?

1) Fresh content.  I posted three new articles on my most trafficked blog.  That means that when people visit, they are finding not just one new story, but 3.  It also means there's activity.  It looks like I've been working because I have. 

2) I tweeted.  I tweeted out links in the morning, in the afternoon, and just before bed.  I had already surpassed my page view goal by bedtime...but, I tweeted anyway and then blew it out of the water.  Plus, the later tweets gave me carry over page views into today.

3) I didn't just tweet links ... I was there.  I was on twitter.  I engaged other people.  Conversations help generate interest in your topic...which can lead to ReTweets, links, sharing...and just plain fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment